-
Senior Member
registered user
I am not sure about this BeforeWisdom, but I can tell you, I think the Knoppix v3.2 I have has something...
When I select the Logout Knoppix from the K Menu, I get my original boot screen, still intact, with all the shutdown messages, Sending Term Signal and Sending Halt Signal, and when I press [return] after the CD pops out, my Hard Drives all spin down.
I don't know how Knoppix is doing it, because I have APM disabled in my BIOS. Having Win98, I didn't want Windows to play with power management, this included the Video monitor power down and the Hard Drive spin downs. Windows refused to keep from doing this, even when I disabled PM within Win98 settings, so the conclusion was to disable PM before Windows ever got to it. That way Windows doesn't see that it is even an option. I never got around to enabling it for Knoppix.
Does that help? Or am I just spewing out gibberish (as usual?)
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By will103 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 10:36 PM
-
By redss in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 07:45 PM
-
By gotsanity in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 06:28 AM
-
By GuyLeDouche in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 10:21 PM
-
By j.drake in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-11-2003, 07:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$349.95