-
Well ... good news ... I got it to work. It seems the partition where I put the CD image was ext3, and the boot floppy or its hard disk image in "hardrive_boot" doesn't deal with ext3 filesystems. When I reformatted it as ext2, everything worked like in the books.
Speaking of ext3 ... I just did a "knx-hdinstall" of *Quantian* (a Knoppix remaster) and it offered me the chance to install to an ext3 partition. The choices are ext2, ext3 and reiserfs. So ... I picked ext3 and it went a little bit, then croaked, complaining that the kernel didn't support ext3. It's not essential that I have ext3, but I've never messed with any of the other journaling filesystems. It seemed like a good idea at the time ...
Similar Threads
-
By rgavel in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-22-2005, 01:16 AM
-
By landolini in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 09:20 PM
-
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-14-2004, 04:08 PM
-
By Dave_Bechtel in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 01:16 AM
-
By escherian in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-05-2003, 01:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

LOT OF 7 16GB DDR4 LAPTOP MEMORY RAM VARIOUS BRANDS/SPEEDS
$400.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$289.80