-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Linkooseven
Thanks for the help guys! I'm using the Live Boot CD as I post this. I've been playing around with Linux (if you havent guessed--im a linux newbie) and I like it quite a bit. I dont know which version I'd go with if I acually installed it on my Hard Drive though.
I'm going to wait until I get a new HDD to install Linux though, as I dont know the first thing about partitioning and the like. Could I set a Duel Boot System with Win XP and Linux on 2 seperate HDD's?
Also, while im thinking of it, Overclock cant read my sound card...stupid Integrated POS >_<. I hope if I install a version of linux on my HDD, that I acually get one that reads all my stuff. hehe.
Anyway, im going to play around with this more. Thanks again.
You can easily dual boot with 2 drives in the system just don't make the / partition 10 or 20gb like I have seen some people do the most you should ever need is 4 to 6gb. For your onboard sound if Arkaine23 included alsa on the CD you should be able to boot with the alsa cheat code and get sound or once booted from the CD then in a console window (clam shell icon on the taskbar) sudo /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig. To check your hardware go to http://www.google.com/linux and just put the name of your hardware in the search box along with linux and debian and you will get some kind of idea of how it works or you could post some specs here I'm sure more than a few of us have run into it before.
Similar Threads
-
By Oswald Glinkmeyer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 11:56 AM
-
By juggernak in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:42 AM
-
By Arabian in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-06-2004, 05:32 AM
-
By illcuban in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 11:51 PM
-
By Koji-Kabuto in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 04:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00