OMG

I remember those "wars" - even the Stacker Skirmish...

I just wanted to say, you were right, sometimes we don't think about "everything" that has happened to this point, and just graze over the ones we "think" were important.

I always thought IBM and OS/2 Warp were going to give Microsoft a run for the money, and then the fiasco with IBM and Apple (the supposed "vapor-ware" of Pink)...

Its the same thing in the Noise Reduction world - audio - Dolby is actually lame when it comes down to noise reduction. You can easily play a Dolby B or C encrypted audio without having any Dolby decoder, just decrease your treble - NOW, you want to talk about Noise Reduction - DBX is WAY better - and you HAVE TO have a decoder, or it is almost un-listenable.

What happened - Dolby got to market faster, and was taken by Companies and Manufacturers before DBX could even walk in the door. Not to mention that Dolby had the "trendy" double-D logo - another similarity of the Personal Computer World (corolation)

Appologize? Me? Hmmmmmm, why??? You made a good point, so did I, no appology needed, on either side. I took no offense to your pointing out something I missed, all for the good

Cuddles