I'm having difficulty getting my Linksys wireless WPC11 working after the HD-Install.
Observations:
1. It works fine (and automatically) if I boot from CD.![]()
2. If I boot from the HD, the eth1 (Linksys) is never started.In the boot messages, I seem to get a cryptic message abour an error in a config file for PCMCIA. However, the boot messages seem to scroll so fast that I can't read them.
3. I don't know enough about the command line to fix this!!![]()
4. Couldn't find a GUI utility (lazy way) to help.
Environment:
Compaq Presario laptop 256 Mb with 16 Mb of the shared memory for video
1 fast ethernet port on the back (Realnet) seems to be eth0
1 Linksys in the PCMCIA slot seems to be eth1
Knoppix release from Jan 30,2003 installed on the HD.
Linksys setup:
WEP enabled 128 bit encryption
pass-phrase
non-advertised SSID (I don't understand how the CD boot connects to my wireless router)
Any Ideas?????

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90
FLASHFORGE AD5X Upgraded Multi-Color 3D Printer CoreXY High-Speed Auto Refill US
$349.00
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$391.59
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$7.99
TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW
$22.00
Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original
$39.98