-
Fuzzy vertical lines
Ok I have a integrated Video card from intel I also have a LCD screen, I set everything up from expert mode because it doesnt boot right and gives me the no suitable x-server found for your card if i dont. So I get the Knoppix GUI to be full screen instead of 640 resolution. So ok everything boots up after expert mode and goes into Knoppix KDE GUI, but theres these fuzzy green/red/white lines across the screen vertically. I dont know what to do ive tried shit loads of combinations of the settings in expert mode. Im stumped as to how i can get rid of these lines. I can however make it boot in expert mode at a smaller resloution without the lines but theres nowhere in KDE to set my reslotuion from 640 to 1024, so that idea is out of the picture.
-
WELL WELL
Yes As I suspected no one even tried to lift a finger to help me in the slightest so heres how I fixed it for anyone thats having the problem, I set the Vertical Hz to 50 - 150 and set the bit value of the screen to 16 bits rather than my max of 24 bits. there solved, no thanks to any of you people that claim to be good at anything.
-
Hey,
Have you solved your problems, isn't it?
There are 5 hours between your posts... This is only a forum, not a technical assistance you pay for...
I read your first post, but as I'm new to Linux, I didn't know any answer...
Knoppix is brought to you for free... without any guarantee...
BTW, thanks for posting your own solution: this is the right way to help anyone out there.
Merry Cristmas!!
Stefano
-
by the way im guessing it was the refresh rate that was too low, and perhaps it had to be faster so the colors must be lower in order to refresh faster. Only a theory because IM on my gateway profile 3, its notorious for being a piece of shit full of riddles.
Similar Threads
-
By jasond2m in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 02:33 AM
-
By obsoleto in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-27-2004, 04:46 PM
-
By Cykke in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-30-2004, 01:25 PM
-
By Minnie000 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 05:26 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-04-2003, 02:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF + 2SFF 2x10/1Gbe H730 Mini 2x 750W Server
$348.00

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00