Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Broadxent V.92 PCI Modem with Debian

  1. #1

    Broadxent V.92 PCI Modem with Debian

    Now I heard modems are a pain in the butt in linux. I dont know if Broadxent is a winmodem or what, but I can not get it to work on Knoppix. I have a Broadxent V.92 PCI Modem and I cannot use it. Any help would be grateful. Thank You.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1

    Re: Broadxent V.92 PCI Modem with Debian

    i too have one of these Broadxent 3631 es 2898 chip, bought it from walmart cheap winmodem.. finally got it to work under knoppix 3.3 kernel 2.4.22 the driver from http://tx.technion.ac.il/~raindel/ works.. but u have to use vppp or pppd scripting , kppp locks up..
    unzip http://tx.technion.ac.il/~raindel/esscom-2.4-1.tar.gz somewhere, run ./compile ./install just as the readme says, and your modem will be at /dev/modem.. get vppp also, its an easy way to get online thru kde.. cuz kppp locks up and pppd can lock up too. and minicom i just have no clue, it sits at connected but its really not.. so VPPP


    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy_aaron
    Now I heard modems are a pain in the butt in linux. I dont know if Broadxent is a winmodem or what, but I can not get it to work on Knoppix. I have a Broadxent V.92 PCI Modem and I cannot use it. Any help would be grateful. Thank You.

Similar Threads

  1. Use Knoppix to set up modem in Debian
    By brianfay in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 04:05 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
  3. broadxent DSI v.92 pci modem (newbie questions...)
    By spamhippy in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 08:41 PM
  4. HOWTO fix debian or knoppix/debian for Russian fonts
    By datakid in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
  5. Knoppix (Debian) pppoeconf and cable modem
    By guest in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-30-2002, 06:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00