Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Proxy settings on external dailup modem

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1

    Same problem here

    Hi,

    I am having more or less the same problem here,


    I use the kppp interface to set up the following:

    1) able to set up my modem ( Mitsubishi diamond 56 K , ext. serial modem)

    2 ) able to set up the my DNS info, ISP, info etc. on the KPPP dialer successfully.

    I am able to connect to internet, but I can't surf from my Konquerer

    browser. Could not even get to my own ISP web page.

    It just stopped there and error msg: could not recognise proxy server,

    proxy.XXXXX.XXX . The proxy server name was the exact one that my ISP

    gave me.

    Could I know if I can take away the proxy settings and able to surf ok? And could I know how to do that ?

    Or was it caused by something else?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    228
    what are the contents of /etc/resolv.conf?

    If this is the same before you dial up, then your ISP is not providing you with dynamic DNS.

    ~paul

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1

    can surf web with kppp dial-up

    I have set up my dial-up with kppp, using suSE 9.0.
    Everything is fine, I can get connected to the internet, but I can surf the web at all. What could be the problem? Can someone help me please.


    Regards

Similar Threads

  1. recommend external 56k modem?
    By agency in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-14-2003, 07:07 PM
  2. ELSA External Modem
    By DavidTempler in forum Networking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-04-2003, 07:15 PM
  3. ELSA External Modem
    By DavidTempler in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 10:27 AM
  4. ambient external modem
    By sopo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 11:40 AM
  5. external 56k modem
    By in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2002, 07:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 11 Micron 32GB PC4-21300 DDR4-2666V Server Memory MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1QG picture

Lot of 11 Micron 32GB PC4-21300 DDR4-2666V Server Memory MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1QG

$1650.00



Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2 picture

Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2

$30.00



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM picture

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM

$320.00



SK Hynix 32GB(1x32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V-R DDR4 ECC Memory RDIMM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB(1x32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V-R DDR4 ECC Memory RDIMM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$200.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99