Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Proxy settings on external dailup modem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1

    Same problem here

    Hi,

    I am having more or less the same problem here,


    I use the kppp interface to set up the following:

    1) able to set up my modem ( Mitsubishi diamond 56 K , ext. serial modem)

    2 ) able to set up the my DNS info, ISP, info etc. on the KPPP dialer successfully.

    I am able to connect to internet, but I can't surf from my Konquerer

    browser. Could not even get to my own ISP web page.

    It just stopped there and error msg: could not recognise proxy server,

    proxy.XXXXX.XXX . The proxy server name was the exact one that my ISP

    gave me.

    Could I know if I can take away the proxy settings and able to surf ok? And could I know how to do that ?

    Or was it caused by something else?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    228
    what are the contents of /etc/resolv.conf?

    If this is the same before you dial up, then your ISP is not providing you with dynamic DNS.

    ~paul

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1

    can surf web with kppp dial-up

    I have set up my dial-up with kppp, using suSE 9.0.
    Everything is fine, I can get connected to the internet, but I can surf the web at all. What could be the problem? Can someone help me please.


    Regards

Similar Threads

  1. recommend external 56k modem?
    By agency in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-14-2003, 07:07 PM
  2. ELSA External Modem
    By DavidTempler in forum Networking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-04-2003, 07:15 PM
  3. ELSA External Modem
    By DavidTempler in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 10:27 AM
  4. ambient external modem
    By sopo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 11:40 AM
  5. external 56k modem
    By in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2002, 07:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage picture

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage

$249.00



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Vintage Personal Accounting & Essential Office 2 CD-ROM PAK For Windows 3.0  picture

Vintage Personal Accounting & Essential Office 2 CD-ROM PAK For Windows 3.0

$114.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Amiga Commodore A500  - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage picture

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage

$200.00



Vintage Intel C3405 white ceramic gold with chip carrier.  Never used working picture

Vintage Intel C3405 white ceramic gold with chip carrier. Never used working

$44.99



Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064  Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair picture

Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064 Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair

$149.99



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED picture

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED

$500.00



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99