-
Create a persistent Knoppix home directory?
I'm running Knoppix from the cd on a WinXP (ntfs) computer.
I tried the "Save Knoppix Configeration" and save to floppy and to hard drive. It would say it was saved ok and to type "Knoppix Myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy" at boot-up, but it did not seem to work. I could click on the floopy drive and see the files it created on the disk, but running it at start up did not seem to save my bookmarks or other settings.
So then I tried "Create a persistent Knoppix home directory"
I formated part of the drive using Linux.
Then it said at start up I could type "Knoppix home=/dev/hda1"
Well I did that and it seem to reload my setting such as my bookmarks. 
What I would like to know now is how do my setting gets saved like they did the last time.
Do they just get saved everytime I logout of Knoppix or do I have to click something befor I logout for them to get saved.
Also what's the differance when I type
Knoppix home=/dev/hda1
or
Knoppix myconf=/dev/hda1
What one do I want to use or if I want to use both how do I type it at start up.
I'm trying to save my setting such as MSN chat and bookmarks.
Thanks,
Similar Threads
-
By bucodi in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 10:05 PM
-
By harryc in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-09-2005, 03:01 AM
-
By jessjackson in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 08:26 AM
-
By kinsnet in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:09 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 12:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Macintosh Quadra 605 Vintage Desktop Computer, Model M1476 Untested
$299.00

Macintosh Pascal Lowell Carmony Robert Holliday Vintage 1985 Apple Mac Tech Book
$25.00

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Inside Macintosh Promotional Edition Vintage Apple Developer Book 1985
$32.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested
$129.00

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer
$95.00