Heres some links:
http://www.chris-lott.org/resources/cstyle/
http://ibrado.com/sock-faq/
http://www.comptechdoc.org/independe...working/guide/
I dont have time to look through them, but maybe you can find something usefull.
Hi. I'm learning C++ (i'm using kdevelop and i'm making "console" programs to begin with). I was searching a good tutorial on how to use socket with C/C++. I found a couple of pre-made libraries but I don't want "pre-made" things, I want to understand how they works.
Thanks![]()
Heres some links:
http://www.chris-lott.org/resources/cstyle/
http://ibrado.com/sock-faq/
http://www.comptechdoc.org/independe...working/guide/
I dont have time to look through them, but maybe you can find something usefull.
A similar post in the python NG turned out this tutorial.
The BSD sockets API is exposed in perl/python/ruby. If you're familiar with any of these, a few throw-away experimental scripts might help you gain a quick understanding of the API.
The C-level API requires a lot of casting if I recall correctly. The thing that really (once) helped me understand it all is that the BSD library was designed as a multi-protocol one, not just tcpip. So the structure which represents a generic network address is slightly expanded to accomodate the notion of a tcp address, and when passing pointers to these, one needs to explicitly cast in C. In C++ proper objects can represent those notions and offer a cleaner interface. You can implement such a wrapper yourself once you've understood the underlying C-level API.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99