-
Senior Member
registered user
WinModem LT V.90 Data+Fax Modem V5.34 HELP! (solved)
Ok, it is a WinModem.
The subject line is what is returned when I do an AT3 - So, it is a LT WinModem.
I have tried looking for drivers for it, on the LinModem site, problem is that - sorry - I am an extreme noob when it comes to manual detection, I am way to babyed by the PnP functions within Windows98. I can't figure out if 1) it is supported in Linux, and 2) what drivers are needed.
Knoppix 3.2 Release 2003-05-16-Beta reports that it detects the modem, but refuses to talk to it. Drivers, right? When I try and use the modem in Knoppix, during the tests, it simply says its BUSY.
I am using Windows ONLY for email and access to the Internet, and here. I would love to just STAY in Knoppix, but this WinModem is the only issue still holding me back in Windows. So, the problem is until I get the modem in Knoppix working, I have to drop Knoppix, come into Windows, and do research for this. Anything I download will need to be placed on a Fat32 drive, and then after Knoppix is booted, pull it into Knoppix.
Having a persistant Knoppix Home, and Knoppix Configs, plus Swap File, native on the Fat32, I hope that anything I can get Knoppix to run with the modem will "stick", or I think I will have to keep installing each reboot. If I can get the modem working in Knoppix, I have a HD already prepared for doing the HD Install, and can then KEEP everything running, if I can get this D*mn modem working.
The WinModem is internal, and on the motherboard. Since Christmas Gifts took more money than expected, my new system with a "standard" modem on it, is getting farther and farther from being received, and I am getting ansy with the old system to get it running permanently.
I don't like to ask this, because I think I should be able to do this on my own, but, can someone walk me through the location, download, and install of what I need to get my old system running Knoppix AND with my WinModem? Also, if this WinModem is not supported within the Linux OS, please tell me, I can always just reboot back and forth into Windows and Knoppix - just because of my WinModem.
I am getting extremely frustrated at having this WinModem, but its all I got until I get my new system, and I want to HD Install Knoppix if I can get the modem working - since that is CURRENTLY the only thing holding me back. 
How can I learn in Knoppix, if I can't just stay in it, or anything I do, goes away everytime I reboot. [?]
Thanks from a frustrated WinModem owner, and can't locate my own drivers for it, Future Knoppix user...
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By e2k in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 12:14 AM
-
By cyKeMatica in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:26 PM
-
By ykgoh in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:17 PM
-
By emax in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 08:36 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00