-
Senior Member
registered user
TearingHairOut,
O M G ! ! !
Is this slicker than SLICED BREAD !
1) Checked my Sources.lst - the exact line you stated was not their, so I added it. Went to a Root Konsole Shell - did the apt-get install firestarter - it had W: stuff, which I assume are Warnings, and one E:, which I bet is an Error - the warnings stated something, the Error at the end stated something like Package firestarter not found - last thing it said was: Maybe you should do a "apt-get update"
SCARY PART:
I did the apt-get update - it is still running in the background, DID I DO GOOD HERE ? I knew I needed to do this sometime to get security updates, but YEESH. Did I just FRY, or am I in the process of FRYING, my system here?
When this apt-get update finishes, should I assume I am ok, and should I redo the apt-get install firestarter - or is it really already installed?
2) I copied all the stuff you stated about the Ping testing, and such - Konqueror does NOT have Proxy running. I will check the settings in the other users, after I get #1 above figured out and it finishes. If they don't have Proxy running, I have the network stuff saved to test with.
I really appreciate all the help Tearing, and also to L2Cache, this has been an immersion into Linux of an experiance, but, I'm learning
Thanks 
??? How do I add stuff into my auto-start ????
I like to have the "speaker" from KMix in the tray next to the clock. In Win you just pup junk in your startup folder. What is the equivalent here in the Linux World???
Thanks, I guess I need to start posting in the HD Install Forum now? YES! (I've been promoted! [giggle]
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By e2k in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 12:14 AM
-
By cyKeMatica in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:26 PM
-
By ykgoh in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:17 PM
-
By emax in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 08:36 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total
$120.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39