-
Senior Member
registered user
Arggggggggg,
I rebooted to Knoppix, and did the uname -r -=- it reports back "2.4.20-xfs"
So, I rebooted back into Win98, to get to the internet, and the site you specified, assuming I have Debian/GNU - clicked on the "Canada" link, since I think thats closer to the USA than Germany, taking note of the naming convention used for what driver package I need, and...
Yikes!
the lowest driver package listed is like 6.0.something"c" ????
and the highest is something like 8.x.????
I must be the most clueless noob in the world !
I was under the impression I was looking for a driver named something like "LTModem2.4.20-xfs[and the LT driver rev] ???
Shesh, I was so excited, I thought my next post was going to be from within Knoppix 
Here's what I have learned so far:
Knoppix 3.2 version 2003-05-16-Beta
Kernel 2.4.20-xfs
LT WinModem
Knoppix Live CD running with Swap File, Home Directory, and Configs, as saved on hdc1
Already did the passwd on both Root and Knoppix - so I can get to a Root/SU protection, if need be.
And, I assume, when I get the LT Drivers, I am going to "shell out" to a Root Command screen, and do the "dpkg -i [filename]" to get the drivers installed.
I also assume, that when I do get the drivers installed, see above, that the drivers will need to be installed each time I boot into Knoppix, UNTIL, I install Debian/Knoppix to my HDD with a "full" install.
Am I right so far? Plz help ! I can't imagine I am having this much trouble, and can't seem to figure out what the h*ck I am doing. I WANT MY KNOPPIX, and to finally kiss this stupid M$ os goodbye 
Thanx,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By e2k in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 12:14 AM
-
By cyKeMatica in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:26 PM
-
By ykgoh in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:17 PM
-
By emax in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 08:36 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard
$101.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99