-
Senior Member
registered user
Aaaaaaa, a new, and fresh, day...
All night I was trying to think what I could have done wrong -=- Why only Root can get to web sites, and not the other users. I already examined the other users Groups within KDE User Manager - and other than Root as a Group, they are basically the same - not sure if I missed something though.
I did note: thinking through my install -=- tar till the force -=- all was done in the Root Home directory, and as Root. Plus, dummy me, I forgot those two things you mentioned TearingHairOut - the .ltinst2 and the ./autoload - Could this be the "source" of my problems?
I hate being on the internet as SU, and would like to be less vulnerable when connected.
(also, I downloaded FireStarter (firewall) as a Tar Ball Source - into a common directory off the main drive, in case the whole build in the Root area thing was a issue with the LTModem, do I just unTar it as in the LTmodem and look at how to install it?
Thanks millions for this group, the assistance, and I hope, I am getting the hang of all of this, so I can do this stuff myself 
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By e2k in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 12:14 AM
-
By cyKeMatica in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:26 PM
-
By ykgoh in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:17 PM
-
By emax in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 08:36 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks SSR120 Smart Router
$500.00

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00