-
Senior Member
registered user
Shesh, this much trouble over a stupid WinModem -=- AND STILL it doesn't work...
Here's what happened:
D/l "ltmodem-2.4.20_8.26a9_i386.deb" from the LT site.
Rebooted into Knoppix and located the file on my hdc1 device with Knquerer [sp] - I accidently clicked on it which brought up - I guess - the GUI for Apt-Get ????
Thinking that was cool, I highlighted the LTMODEM driver in the package, and clicked Install
Failed: saying something about Read-Only file system...
Thought for a moment, shelled out and changed to Root, and did the above again - same failed attempt.
Next thought was that this error could have to do with protection on the hard drive? So, set protection to RW and E - third attempt failed with same results.
Almost given up here - then thought, "it might be pist off because I am not installed on a HD" -=- so, I took the plunge, did a knx-hdinstall...
After getting users all setup, passwords, etc... I couldn't get to my Win98 drive that had the driver on it... So, rebooted back into Win98, copied the driver deb file to a floppy, then went back into Knoppix (OFF THE HARD DRIVE - One small step completed!) - tried the click on the deb driver file, selected the driver in the package and clicked install...
It says it ran successfully, and shows up in my INSTALLED packages listing, but I still get the same problem...
Docs say I should either be able to get to my Win/LT/modem through either /dev/modem or /dev/ttys2 or /dev/ttysi4 (i think)
None of them work - /dev/modem states no modem, /dev/ttys2 says the modem is busy - as it did before - and I don't even have a ttysi4 or something.
Someone, stop me before I rip out this WinModem
What did I do wrong? Is it MY fault the dumb machine CAME with a WinModem?
HELP -=- I so wanted to post from Debian (yes! Debian, I'm on my hard drive NOW!!!!!)
Cuddles
[ps] L2Cache, I did look at the post thread, but now that I've added the wrinkle of being on a HD Install and not the Live CD - I haven't a clue how to change whatever is going on, and said in the thread.
Similar Threads
-
By e2k in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 12:14 AM
-
By cyKeMatica in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:26 PM
-
By ykgoh in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:17 PM
-
By emax in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 08:36 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67