I found what I was looking for - you can edit the knoppix-installer config file to mount the partitions.
Is there any (more detailed than the one in the config file itself)documentation of the knoppix-installer config file?
speedy
Hi everyone,
is it possible to install KNOPPIX to "different" partitions (e.g. hda1 - /boot; hda2 - SWAP; hda3 / ; hda4 /usr)
Thanks
speedy
I found what I was looking for - you can edit the knoppix-installer config file to mount the partitions.
Is there any (more detailed than the one in the config file itself)documentation of the knoppix-installer config file?
speedy
I don't think so. As you seem to have discovered, one needs to edit the .knofig file according to the comments therein.

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.66