-
I can't imagine why I didn't do this sooner than I did
Knoppix/Debian is great 
I know why I did not do it sooner.
I had looked at a number of differant OS thinking that I could find something better then windows.
I was always afraid to try them because I know things can go wrong when installing a new OS (window).
Even when it was just going from one M$ OS to another M$ OS it would not always go as smooth as I thought it should have.
When I found Knoppix and read you could run it live from the CD that did it for me.
Never thought you could run a OS live like that.
It gave me a chance to try it out befor doing a HD install. It gave me a change to ask question on the forum and learn a few things befor doing a HD install.
I just did the HD install yesterday and it is even better then running it from the live CD.
Even faster from the HD and now I can store files to my HD too 
I do still have winXP running on one of my computer, but that is preaty much for the other family members.
That may change someday too
Similar Threads
-
By chris-uk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-01-2005, 04:26 PM
-
By indylarry in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 04:14 AM
-
By Juste in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2004, 09:51 AM
-
By TyphoonMentat in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-03-2004, 10:10 PM
-
By UselessPython in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2003, 08:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 5.2 GHz - Socket AM5 120W
$399.99

DELL POWEREDGE R640 8SFF 2x 8 CORE SILVER 4208 2.1GHZ 32GB RAM H740P NO HDD
$565.00

Dell PowerEdge T430 8 x 3.5 Hot Plug 2X E5-2680 V3 Twelve Core 2.5Ghz 192GB 3X 2
$949.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$395.00

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99

HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...
$399.99

Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 8-Core Desktop CPU Prcoessor LGA1151
$165.00

AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$179.99

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00