For CD and DVD writer, use the new CD/DVDROM command, then change icon. For an USB stick, try the new floppy command, then change its icon.
Hello all,
I have a question that I don't seem to have found an answer to after searching the web or knoppix.net: There seems to be only 3 types of devices available with KDE: Hard Disk, CD/DVDROM, Floppy. I would like to have some other devices like CDRW, DVDRW, and USBKey, because then, I can use different icons for each one, which would be so cool! Now I cannot, because all these devices are mounted as of type Hard Disk!
Any ideas if what I want can be done?
Thanks for your time.
FCC.
For CD and DVD writer, use the new CD/DVDROM command, then change icon. For an USB stick, try the new floppy command, then change its icon.

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$175.00
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95
Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00
HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00