I do this with qtparted. Once in a while qtparted won't delete a partition or resize it at which point I revert to cfdisk.
Good Luck,
The deed is done. Using cfdisk I deleted the partition and was then able to use PartitionMagic to move and resize the other partitions. The only hickup was that after booting into Win2k and redoing the partitions Win2k will no longer boot. I get an error about a bad file. No biggie. I'll just reinstall it.
Important thing is that the Knoppix install is still there and working, along with the data partition![]()
Thanks for the help.
I do this with qtparted. Once in a while qtparted won't delete a partition or resize it at which point I revert to cfdisk.
Good Luck,
You probably don't need to. If you've been shuffling partitions around, you simply need to adjust the partiion number in the C:\boot.ini file.Originally Posted by Lamont
Adjust the "N" value above. You can do this from knoppix if your C: unit is writable (hence *not* NTFS). Otherwise, the NT/XP recovery console should help you (see the "fixboot" and "fixmbr" commands)Code:default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(N)\WINDOWS
I reinstalled the Win2k image and all is as it should be now. I am amazed at how well Knoppix works on my Toshiba (Satellite 1415-S173).
Thanks for the help.

Vintage Creative Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold CT4390 ISA Sound Card - UNTESTED
$225.00
Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99
VINTAGE Custom Built Desktop-AMD [email protected] 8GB RAM 80GB HDD NO OS-READ
$160.00
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99
Microsoft Elite White Natural Keyboard Vintage ps/2 and usb A11-00337
$80.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
VINTAGE Antec Sonata LS-138 Quiet PC Case FACTORY SEALED New In Box Piano Black
$225.00
Early Intel 3301 White Cap Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$750.00
Vintage Iwill XA100 Plus Super Socket 7 Motherboard + K6-III 450 + 896mb READ
$179.99
Microsoft Intellimouse Vintage with Box and Manual Part 98268 Open Box
$29.99