Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Netgear wireless pc card not recognized

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1

    Netgear wireless pc card not recognized

    I'm running Knoppix 3.3 from CD on a Dell Latitude laptop. My Netgear wireless pc card (32-bit CardBus WG511) is not recognized. Here are the results of running "lspci -v". I borrowed a Lucent Orinoco silver card and it is recognized with no problem. Are drivers available for the Netgear card and how do I install them?

    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 82845 845 (Brookdale) Chipset Host Bridge (rev 04)
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Memory at e8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82845 845 (Brookdale) Chipset AGP Bridge (rev 04) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, fast devsel, latency 32
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=32
    I/O behind bridge: 0000c000-0000cfff
    Memory behind bridge: fc000000-fdffffff
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: d8000000-e7ffffff

    00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM USB (Hub #1) (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4541
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
    I/O ports at bf80 [size=32]

    00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM USB (Hub #3) (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4541
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
    I/O ports at bf20 [size=32]

    00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82801BAM/CAM PCI Bridge (rev 42) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=10, sec-latency=32
    I/O behind bridge: 0000e000-0000ffff
    Memory behind bridge: f4000000-fbffffff

    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82801CAM ISA Bridge (LPC) (rev 02)
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0

    00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801CAM IDE U100 (rev 02) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
    Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4541
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
    I/O ports at <ignored>
    I/O ports at <ignored>
    I/O ports at <ignored>
    I/O ports at <ignored>
    I/O ports at bfa0 [size=16]
    Memory at 20000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]

    00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Cirrus Logic: Unknown device 5959
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
    I/O ports at d800 [size=256]
    I/O ports at dc80 [size=64]

    00:1f.6 Modem: Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [Generic])
    Subsystem: PCTel Inc Dell Inspiron 2100 internal modem
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
    I/O ports at d400 [size=256]
    I/O ports at dc00 [size=128]

    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV17 [GeForce4 440 Go] (rev a3) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
    Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 00d5
    Flags: bus master, VGA palette snoop, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
    Memory at fc000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
    Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
    Memory at dff80000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=512K]
    Expansion ROM at 80000000 [disabled] [size=128K]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    02:00.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905C-TX/TX-M [Tornado] (rev 78)
    Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 00d5
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
    I/O ports at ec80 [size=128]
    Memory at f8fffc00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128]
    Expansion ROM at f9000000 [disabled] [size=128K]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    02:01.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI4451 PC card Cardbus Controller
    Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 00d5
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 168, IRQ 11
    Memory at 20001000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Bus: primary=02, secondary=03, subordinate=06, sec-latency=176
    Memory window 0: 20400000-207ff000 (prefetchable)
    Memory window 1: 20800000-20bff000
    I/O window 0: 00004000-000040ff
    I/O window 1: 00004400-000044ff
    16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

    02:01.1 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI4451 PC card Cardbus Controller
    Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 00d5
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 168, IRQ 11
    Memory at 20002000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Bus: primary=02, secondary=07, subordinate=0a, sec-latency=176
    Memory window 0: 20c00000-20fff000 (prefetchable)
    Memory window 1: 21000000-213ff000
    I/O window 0: 00004800-000048ff
    I/O window 1: 00004c00-00004cff
    16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

    02:01.2 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Texas Instruments PCI4451 IEEE-1394 Controller (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
    Subsystem: Dell Computer Corporation: Unknown device 00d5
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
    Memory at f8fff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
    Memory at f8ff8000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    07:00.0 Network controller: Harris Semiconductor D-Links DWL-g650 A1 (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Netgear: Unknown device 4800
    Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 11
    Memory at 21000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    9

    802.11G

    It is my understanding that most of the 802.11G cards do not currently work in Linux.

    However there is a company with a program that will wrap the Windows drivers for those cards and make them work in Linux. Linked below is the success someone had with the same card as you. However you may need to install to the hard drive in order to make this work.

    http://toys.lerdorf.com/archives/15_...and_Linux.html

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless Ethernet PCMCIA Card not being recognized
    By Gobitron in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 08:57 AM
  2. Netgear MA111 (Wireless USB card) PLEASE HELP
    By andymadigan in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 11:39 PM
  3. My wireless card is not recognized
    By gradnite in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2004, 01:10 AM
  4. wireless card not recognized..still.
    By phantomshado in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 10:33 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 12:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$49.99



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE

$6299.00



Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k picture

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k

$300.00



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare

$1800.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$59.99



Keyboard Cable Cord - Apple Macintosh Mac 128K 512K 512Ke Plus picture

Keyboard Cable Cord - Apple Macintosh Mac 128K 512K 512Ke Plus

$12.99



Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 picture

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110

$129.99



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K  Original Model M0001 With Keyboard and Mouse  picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K Original Model M0001 With Keyboard and Mouse

$1799.99



Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs picture

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs

$14.99