check out knoppix persistant home ( have a look in the news section for the thread )
I would like to set up Knoppix on a standalone computer so that Linux and all of the Knoppix applications run from the CR-ROM, but any files I create can be stored to the hard drive. At this point I am not concerned with operating speed.
I imagine the above configuration would first require the creation of a Linux partition on the hard drive which Knoppix would recognize. However, how does one get Knoppix/Linux to recognize the hard drive as a place to save files? I am new to Knoppix and Linux in general, so I'll need all the help I can get, right down to the commands.
Thanks.
Knoppix Knewbie
check out knoppix persistant home ( have a look in the news section for the thread )
Sorry, Eadz. I don't know what 'Knoppix Persistant Home' is, nor have I been able to find it on the web. Remember, I am a Linux Newbie.
sorry.Originally Posted by howagood
see here
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=155
basically, you'll need to download the file and read the readme in it.
Okay, Eadz, I'm finally caught up on what you had asked me to do. I located Knoppix Persistent Home, downloaded a copy, and read the readme.
The Hint says if Persistent Home is used regularly, one should "put the files knx_persistent_home.pl and knoppix.sh on the Knoppix CD into the KNOPPIX directory."
My question: If the Knoppix download is an iso and the CD is already burned, how does one copy those two files?
Thanks again.
Howard, the Knoppix Knewbie
Get winiso (or isobuster) for windows.Originally Posted by howagood
Winiso opens iso images as they were simple folders. Then you may copy files (view, delete etc)
Then re-save iso and burn. It is easy
Winiso make images from the CD if you have only the CD.
Thanks, Eadz! I've give WinISO or ISObuster a try.
Regards,
Howard, the experienced Knewbie

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$37.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$391.59
New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL380/DL360 Gen9 (P89) P89_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99