-
Junior Member
registered user
Using Knoppix with work saved to hard drive...
I would like to set up Knoppix on a standalone computer so that Linux and all of the Knoppix applications run from the CR-ROM, but any files I create can be stored to the hard drive. At this point I am not concerned with operating speed.
I imagine the above configuration would first require the creation of a Linux partition on the hard drive which Knoppix would recognize. However, how does one get Knoppix/Linux to recognize the hard drive as a place to save files? I am new to Knoppix and Linux in general, so I'll need all the help I can get, right down to the commands.
Thanks.
Knoppix Knewbie
Similar Threads
-
By lyonh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-31-2004, 05:15 PM
-
By Bubba in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-17-2004, 06:19 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
-
By knoxx in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 03:04 AM
-
By pkobos in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-24-2003, 09:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73