Hi, this sounds like some freezes I've bee seeing on a Compaq evo workstation, which seem related to network activity. Are you using an intel pro ethernet adapter by any chance?
Hi,
I have a really new machine (P4, cable modem).
I installed Knoppix 3.3 on HD. I can go online and browse with the browsers, but after a while it always freezes on me.
I've tried re-installing and using Mozilla and Knoquror, but still freezes.
Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot.
- Roland.
Hi, this sounds like some freezes I've bee seeing on a Compaq evo workstation, which seem related to network activity. Are you using an intel pro ethernet adapter by any chance?

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Toshiba Magnia SG20 VPN Linux server Web server (No HDD, *Read*) -
$60.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99