-
Hi,
I might actually be grasping at those longish hollow things with the permissions.
It's just that being able to do something as root but not user would suggest missing permissions somewhere.
However, you can look them up with "$ls -l /dev/ttyS*"
I don't have a modem so I can't check but "$chmod 666 /dev/ttyS*" would give all read-write and 777 read-write-execute.
Have you tried "$adduser Cuddles tty" ?
You can also use KUser under system-menu for this.
My question, correct me if I am wrong, but permissions would lock a user for using the dev correct?
Ah, now you need to hope that someone who actually knows what he is talking about will answer, I'm just another noob sticking his neck out, but it would be fairly reasonable to assume that.
I am running around using the Root - which I have heard is a serious NO NO in Linux/Unix.
Oh yes, or rather oh no
That is, you've heard right.
Thanks for the help, but, I am learning a little here, and trying to help on my side as much as I can.
Aren't we all
Similar Threads
-
By spacedude89 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 09:51 AM
-
By Drezliok in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 11:04 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-25-2003, 03:27 PM
-
By zuzo in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-21-2003, 05:19 PM
-
By /Knoppix/Knewbie/ in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 10:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98