-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanks Markus, I tried your suggestion - it didn't work - but thanks for the help...
I guess this is just one of those: "Gee, didn't you do [this]?" kind of things, but, for the life of me, I haven't a clue. I am just starting to get around within Debian/Knoppix, some things I recall from my old'in days of using cryptic "unix" commands, and some, I am at a complete loss of. This is one of those. 
I have at least thrown in a firewall w/ everything being blocked from the outside world, but it still isn't the right thing to be doing. e.g. using Root for things a "stripped down" user should be doing.
I guess we are all "just learning" as we go through the transition from [place your old OS here] to the most dynamic, changing, and growing popularity of Debian/Linux/Red Hat/Suse/Mandrake/etc... OS. It is extremely a different bread of beast, but, I will learn it, and I want to.
Thanks for your help, I guess I will just sit and wait for the "all inspiring" reply to this post, that will shed light on that "try this", and POOF, it works, kinda thing.
Waiting for an answer,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By spacedude89 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 09:51 AM
-
By Drezliok in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 11:04 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-25-2003, 03:27 PM
-
By zuzo in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-21-2003, 05:19 PM
-
By /Knoppix/Knewbie/ in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 10:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00