noaudio cheat code??Originally Posted by Ander
Don't get the wrong idea---I love Knoppix.
However, I always cringe when I demonstrate it on my portable ---or boot it in an office, or anywhere where people are nearby---and that corny, reverb-heavy woman's voice booms out,"Startup sequence initiated!", like some kind of Star Trek thing.
I can't turn down the volume, because my volume controls don't work until you load an OS. This is probably true with most portables.
One of the most important things about Knoppix is the way it shows people---i.e., Windows-users---how you do NOT have to be a computer geek to use Linux. When you're trying to do this, frankly, the startup sound is embarrassing.
(Maybe there could be two Knoppix versions---"Geeky" and "Non-Geeky"?)
noaudio cheat code??Originally Posted by Ander
> noaudio cheat code?
That would work, but I don't think it would be worth losing all audio. Thanks for the idea, though.

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-768GB +384GB - 656-0119/ 656-0120
$69.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$155.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
SK hynix PC801 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 x4 Internal SSD HFS512GDE9X081N
$90.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$949.00
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00