Hello,

Is it possible to mount the compressed filesystem present in the downloadable ISO image of Knoppix, but under another distirb, such as Mandrake ?
It fails with this :
cd /mnt/hdb10/
mkdir iso
mount KNOPPIX_V3.3-2003-11-19-EN.iso iso -t iso9660 -o loop
mkdir KNOPPIX
insmod cloop file=/mnt/hdb10/mnt/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
mount -r -t iso9660 /dev/cloop KNOPPIX

After the insmod, I get this error message :
---
/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdk/kernel/drivers/block/cloop.o.gz: init_module: Cannot allocate memory
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
---
And the syslog contains this :
---
Dec 26 21:10:29 localhost kernel: cloop: Initializing cloop v1.00
Dec 26 21:10:29 localhost kernel: cloop: mnt/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX: 29973 blocks, 65536 bytes/block, largest block is 0 bytes.
Dec 26 21:10:29 localhost kernel: cloop: out of memory for compressed buffer 0
---

I tried different things, such as copying the content of the mounted iso to a directory. For various reasons, I am using Mandrake 9.2, and I would like to be able to customize Knoppix without having to reboot the PC.
I checked the old messages in this forum, I could see that other people have the same problem, but with no solution at this time.

Thanks for your help !

Yann