-
Senior Member
registered user
HD Install - No /dev 's that I had with Live CD
Ok, when I was using the Live CD...
Knoppix KNEW I had the following:
/dev/hdc1
/dev/hda1
/dev/cdrom0
/dev/cdrom1
/dev/sda1
Now it knows they are their - they show up in Info Center - I can see them, but they can't be used...
/dev/hda1 has been partitioned into /dev/hda1 for Linux, and /dev/hda5 has become the Linux Swap.
/dev/cdrom exists - but it points to my DVD and won't run anything if I put a CD or DVD in it.
My other CDROM is a CD-RW - it knows its a CD-RW, but refuses to allow me to get it as a device - nothing is auto-configuring like it did in the Live CD.
How do I get my devices back? I did the DVD apt-get, and the stuff got added, but nothing seems to tell the install that I have devices I can use?
Help? What can I do? I have a system with a CD-RW, a DVD, a SanDisk ImageMate II Flash, and second hard drive, and NOTHING is able to be found, used, mounted, viewed, etc...
Something is rotten in the state of Knoppix HD Install, and it ain't pretty,
Thanks in advance,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By dgritten in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 11:49 PM
-
By acprkit in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-08-2005, 04:09 PM
-
By kekropas in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-06-2003, 01:04 PM
-
By Mikado in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-30-2003, 09:44 PM
-
By The Analog Kid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-24-2003, 06:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

16GB SK HYNIX HMAA2GU6CJR8N-XN PC4-3200AA-UA3-13 DIMM DESKTOP TESTED LOT OF 3
$209.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$289.80