I noticed in a recent update of Morphix a note that preemptive and low latency had been turned off, so it might be that previous releases may have had both enabled to give a speed increase. Just speculation though.Originally Posted by mrsmidt
hi forum,
i just made three tests with 'glxgears' on my duron1.2/gforce2mx machine:
suse9.0 (installed on hd + nvidia.com module) - 775fps
knoppix3.3 (live-cd) - 200fps
morphix (gamer live-cd) - 1423fps
why doesn't knoppix have nvidia drivers included ?
hows the 3D hw-acceleration on ati cards under knoppix ?
cheers
-andre
ps. i wonder why morphix is double so fast as my installed suse9.0...
I noticed in a recent update of Morphix a note that preemptive and low latency had been turned off, so it might be that previous releases may have had both enabled to give a speed increase. Just speculation though.Originally Posted by mrsmidt
I get about 1300 FPS on my box (ATI Radeon Mobility 9000 M9) with Knoppix 3.3 2003-11-19
i get 180 - 200.. im running a 1.2 athlon and a geforce 4 ti4200 - knoppix 3.3 live cd
With the 4496 drivers on my Duron 800 with TNT2 I get about 450-500 with Knoppix 3.3 and my Athlon 1.333 Debian SID with GeForce4 440 I get about 1650-1700. Tried the new 5328 drivers on the Duron and got about 75-85. Oh and to answer the question Klaus will not put the drivers on the disk becasue of the liscense.
Yup, but there's a script out there by fabianx to install nvidia drivers on the fly if you have an nvidia accelerated graphics card (whether you're running off the CD or the HDD).
BTW, how do I measure my fps rate? I have the nvidia drivers on my HDD on a VANTA graphics card.
TIA,
What we are talking about is the frame rate when running a test program called glxgears (/usr/X11R6/bin/glxgears)Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
Oh, OK, I thought you could measure the frame rate of any graphics intensive application somehow.
BTW, I'm getting about 1800 fps on my Dell Dimension 4100 with Vanta graphics card, PIII 866 Mhz, 128MB RAM. What's strange is that is fluxuated between 500 and 700 for a while. Then I switched to Konqueror to write this and it flew up to between 1700 and 1900. Why is that?
EDIT: In fact, I left it running for about an hour and got rates closer and closer to nearly 2000 fps.
Regards,
I guess whatever you were using before Konqueror was doing a lot of drawing on the screen. Some web sites with lots of animations perhaps ?Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
Nope, just a shell and the gears.I guess whatever you were using before Konqueror was doing a lot of drawing on the screen. Some web sites with lots of animations perhaps?
OOPS, I take it back. When I run glxgears all by itself I get around 600 fps. When I switch apps to like Konqueror, I get nearly 2000 fps but thats with the gears animation in the background (ie: not visible as the Konqueror window is covering it). BTW, thats on my Dell which is running from an hdd installation using knoppix-installer as knoppix (2003.0924 ISO) plus the nvidia install script.
Regards,

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00