-
how can I install on HDD
I wanted to install linux from the boot cd but when I do that, he gave my an error "SIGSEGV" signal error and I would like to install linux on my hard disk, How can I do That?????
-
first you need a linux partition (ext2).. you can make one with a disk partitioning utility, or a seperate prorgam like Partition magic 7
once you have a clean linux partition. boot form the knoppix CD
open up a console screen... and type
"sudo su"
this will mak eyou root.... than type
" knx-hdinstall"
this will start the install script... follow the prompts and you shoud be well on yoru wayto getting knoppix instale don yoru hardrive
just so ya know.... knoppix installs as a regualr dEBAIN instalation. Not nearly as cool as the real knoppix : /
Careful with yoru bootable flags in teh CFDISK utility that is laiunched..... i Fuxed my windows partition and JUST got my laptop to function correctly after a week.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Apt-get will get you all the Debian trimmings you could possibly want.
-
Outstanding support for notebooks
I have an IBM 380ED note book and Knoppix / Debian install on it with no problems! Even with only 48mb of ram.....I booted off my main system and it found my cable modem and everything
-
A question about installing it on the HDD, i got Windows ME on mij system now and i made with Partition magic 8.0 an partition of 9GB Linux EXT2, but can i install knoppix now following the HOWTO's and does i have to do or get special things voor booting?? I'd like Knoppix so i want it now as second OS on my HDD
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor
$55.99