-
Senior Member
registered user
came across this post when searching how to restart the xserver from the command line - I'm rarely at my knoppix machine and do most things from my win laptop via SSH. When I ocasionally need a GUI, I use VNC4. This works fine, except from time to time (I leave the knoppix box on all the time) the xserver is unresponsive :(
so this is the command I found that does the job for me - it restarts KDM (which by Knoppix default we're using in preference to XDM) which restarts the xserver
Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/kdm restart
this may not be the most elegant/correct way but it works(tm) and I thought it might be useful for others...
Similar Threads
-
By mac57 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-27-2005, 07:52 PM
-
By Bonito in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 08:58 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-02-2003, 12:40 PM
-
By gregg in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-15-2003, 12:32 AM
-
By Tortoise in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 06:06 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95
$119.99

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48