Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Dell axim connectivity

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5

    Dell axim connectivity

    Hi. I am trying to get my Dell axim to work with knoppix 3.3 debian style hd install. I am using synce-kde to try to get it to work but so far I can't quite get it. I followed the instructions on their website at sourceforge but I am getting some errors. For one thing, it has 2 sets of instructions for the usb hotplug thingy. One for the version before Aug-8 and one for the version after Aug-8. Since the docs strewn about the hd say the hotplug was "debianized by knopper" on Aug-10, I assume it is the newer version. Does anyone know for sure? So I get the thing installed and running, and everything appears fine, except when I connect the dell, this shows up in /var/log/messages:

    triforce kernel: usbserial.c: PocketPC PDA converter detected
    triforce kernel: usbserial.c: PocketPC PDA converter now attached to ttyUSB0 (or usb/tts/0 for devfs)
    triforce kernel: usb.agent[6589] missing kernel or user mode driver ipaq

    I don't know why it is looking for an ipaq driver since I specified an axim device id in the synce configs. Someone help please?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5
    I assume you all are still working on this...

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    126
    No, but I assume you are

Similar Threads

  1. Usb connectivity with kernel26/knoppix 3.7
    By blackbird in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 01:05 AM
  2. Internet connectivity
    By mpeden in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-29-2004, 11:17 AM
  3. Internet Connectivity
    By mpeden in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-29-2004, 12:32 AM
  4. No internet/WAN connectivity; I'm clueless
    By Berserkier in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 10:29 PM
  5. Internet connectivity
    By tkrishna in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 05:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Vintage Macintosh MacWrite & MacPaint Boxed Software. UNTESTED. sealed  picture

Apple Vintage Macintosh MacWrite & MacPaint Boxed Software. UNTESTED. sealed

$199.99



Macintosh PowerBook G3 141 PDQ Vintage Laptop Late 1998 G2U picture

Macintosh PowerBook G3 141 PDQ Vintage Laptop Late 1998 G2U

$56.00



Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video picture

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video

$225.00



Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read picture

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read

$295.00



Vintage 1988 APPLE MACINTOSH “3 Stooges” 512K Romsimm AP1127-02 VERY RARE picture

Vintage 1988 APPLE MACINTOSH “3 Stooges” 512K Romsimm AP1127-02 VERY RARE

$399.00



185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac picture

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac

$90.00



DayStar Digital Turbo 040 Macintosh Accelerator Card Motorola 68040RC40 Vintage picture

DayStar Digital Turbo 040 Macintosh Accelerator Card Motorola 68040RC40 Vintage

$599.00



Vintage Retro Apple Logic Board MAC IIFX 661-0522 820-0282-B 1990 Motherboard + picture

Vintage Retro Apple Logic Board MAC IIFX 661-0522 820-0282-B 1990 Motherboard +

$399.95



Apple Macintosh SE Vintage Desktop Computer Model M5010 Apple Macintosh SE picture

Apple Macintosh SE Vintage Desktop Computer Model M5010 Apple Macintosh SE

$99.99



Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage picture

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage

$224.10