-
make menuconfig problem with 2.6 kernel
I just finished with a clean debian style install of knoppix 3.3, distro-upgraded to Debian Unstable. My plan was to then compile the official 2.6.0 release, but an odd error has come up. When I try any of the config options for the kernel (make config, make menuconfig etc etc) I get this error.
HOSTCC scripts/fixdep
In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:35,
from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:24,
from scripts/fixdep.c:107:
/usr/include/bits/socket.h:305:24: asm/socket.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [scripts/fixdep] Error 1
make: *** [scripts/fixdep] Error 2
Oddly, I tried with the 2.6.0 test 11 release, and make menuconfig works perfectly. I was really surprised not to find any matchs on a search here, or on google, given that I havn't done anything very unusual to this knoppix install after the dist-upgrade.
Anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be?
Similar Threads
-
By cronex2000 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 03:56 PM
-
By xaoz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-29-2004, 07:05 PM
-
By lmsaga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-27-2004, 12:47 AM
-
By Lord1981 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-04-2004, 10:19 PM
-
By hugo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 12:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00