Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Can I Install to a partition And How

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4

    Can I Install to a partition And How

    hello im new to this and i was wondering can i install knoppix to a partition of my hard drive or do i need a second physical drive. If I can then can u plz tell me how to install from the cd cause i dont know how and then can u tell me how to be able to boot ether win XP or Knoppix whichever i need at the time. Thx in advace.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    139
    If you are posting a support request you are advised to read the documentation first
    Failing to do so may result in you getting no replies to your post.
    http://www.knoppix.net/docs

    Also speaking the strange form of english that you posted in doesn't help much either.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by stonent
    Also speaking the strange form of english that you posted in doesn't help much either. :?
    IMNSHO, telling the OP to do his homewrok is appropriate, making fun of his language skill is not.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    139
    No, I wasn't making fun of his english. Just the things like "u" and "plz" which has nothing to do if he learned english or if it was his native language.

    Read my post here http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.p...647&highlight=

    (scroll to the 4th post from the bottom)

    I don't make fun of proper attempts at the English language. Here's part of the conversation with the moderator who is not a native speaker of English.

    ebrostig wrote:
    I wonder if neenee has a real job or is a student?

    If he'd been an employee of mine and had shown me his writings without proper use of capitals, I would have told him that he is forbidden to send anything to any customer or contact of the company until he can write properly. If he'd refuse, I'd fire him on the spot. Why? Because any communication from a company is it's face outwards.

    Erik
    Stonent wrote:

    I know I got a touch of the OCD but I cannot stand to see people not use their elementary school skills in online forums. One of the most annoying things is a situation like this (I'm making it up but you'll recognize the style)

    Quote:

    Subject: Hey!

    can n e 1 help me get %application% working? i cant make it work. when i am try to compile it it gets an error. will u please help me!!!!!




    Seeing posts like that with the "n e 1" and the "HEY!" and the "please help me!!!!" just make me want to strangle my computer screen.

    I say we lock those threads until people learn to speak something that resembles an intelligible language. I can't stand to see my own posts have a spelling error and sometimes weeks later I'll tweak old posts for spelling if I see a mistake or something.
    Anyway, sorry if the original poster didn't do this on purpose, I was not making fun of that.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    Oh I see. Same here (in French, I mean) where the youngsters are so accustomed to the constraints of the SMS shorties they keep exchanging all day long, that they stick to that seemingly childish style where those constaints don't apply. I too tend to dismiss such posts. People requesting help should take the time to express their problem clearly, both for efficinecy and -dare I say- politeness.

    Sorry stonenet I hadn't understood you were referring to that kind of terseness when the original post looked pretty decipherable to me.

    Cheers,

    --bald.

Similar Threads

  1. How to install to hdd and partition hdd ?
    By empro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 10:24 PM
  2. How should my partition look for HD install?
    By prochobo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 07:33 AM
  3. Select Partition to Install on
    By blustrk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-21-2004, 11:12 PM
  4. HD Install & Partition Magic
    By FuzzieBio in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 03:50 PM
  5. can't install on new partition
    By stoneangel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-21-2003, 11:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested) picture

Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)

$39.00



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4 picture

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4

$39.00



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99