I'm having the same troubles with my laptop if you find an answer contact me.
Thanks
i'm a very newbie in linux and been confused for my Knoppix 3.3 has not had any sounds at all. my mobo is an intel D865GBF and the :
- chipset is Intel865G and
- Intel 82801EB(ICH5) with Analog Devices AD 1985 audio codec.
I've got a GeForce 4 MMX for VGA and Hyper Threading enabled for P4 2,6 GHz and so with the dual channel memory 512 MB DDR 400.
But everytime i log onto KDE i've got "Sound server failed...."
I'd tried to "modprobe i810_audio" still not work....trying with Alsa ( even I exactly don't know how ) Alsa succeeded ( maybe ) but still NO SOUND.
My friend told me that I was too much for hoping the 'little Debian' into a multimedia system....even i think it was because the hw is still new...but somehow ( again ) i believe that many of you guys...would help me though this disaster !
Thanx you so much 4 ur attentions .....![]()
I'm having the same troubles with my laptop if you find an answer contact me.
Thanks

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$378.00
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
256GB 4x64GB Samsung DDR4-2666 ECC LRDIMM M386A8K40BM2-CTD6Q Server RAM
$1500.00
192GB (12 x 16GB) PC4-2400T 2400MHz DDR4 ECC REG Memory
$1850.00
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39