The root password question is answered here http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqUsing
First off, this is soo cool, my hd died so Im running this without any hd in the system :P I do have a pen drive though, is there a way to mount that so i can save stuff to the pen drive? And it asks for a root password to do some stuff, but i dont know what the root password is. I did a forum search, and is there a default root pass or do i somehow create a default password for root? I'm as newbish to linux as it comes, so very simple instructions please.
The root password question is answered here http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqUsing
Thanks, got that alll straightened out. Now for question 2, how do I mount/unmount my pen drive?![]()
Boot Knoppix with the pen drive already plugged in. The drive should show up on the desktop as sda1. If it doesn't, you may have one of the pen drives that Knoppix doesn't support very well. The Lexar JumpDrive works well for me.

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99
AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00
Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Blade | 7X16 | 01KP356 | Drives and RAM not included
$299.99