I suppose that the kernel modules of knx-alsa has changed since the last release.
Is it possible to activate the pcm device with the maestro3 soundcard?
How can I create this device?
Thanks
Hello
I've a problem with my soundcard and knx-alsa.
Normally, it is possible to start timidity in server mode.
So it was possible in an earlier version of Knoppix 3.3, but with the version of november, it was not possible to use a program like noteedit with sound.
Can somebody help me?
Has the newest version of timidity changed or knx-alsa?
Have I made a mistake?
timidity couldn't find the devices 'pcm' to connect to alsa!
Thanks
I suppose that the kernel modules of knx-alsa has changed since the last release.
Is it possible to activate the pcm device with the maestro3 soundcard?
How can I create this device?
Thanks
Sorry
I had to manually edit the file /etc/modules and the midi support on pc with maestro3 cards works:
uncomment 'maestro3'
add 'snd-maestro3' and 'snd-pcm-oss'
like in the old /etc/modules file.
I could not understand, why the old /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig
or the automatic hardware detection works, the new not.

W&T 50519 Pure.box 3 USB Linux Thin Client Industrial PC Embedded Server
$135.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99
BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00