Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Sharing Local Printers to Remote PC's

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5

    Sharing Local Printers to Remote PC's

    I have read the articles about Samba, but can not figure out how to cinfigure it so I can share my printer connected to the pc. It found my USB printer and I am able to print locally, but still in need to remote printing.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5
    I found an article on how to setup the printer using samba, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

    http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/p...458393,00.html

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Yup, I have trouble with remote printers too. I'd be very interested in the answer to this query!

    Good Luck,

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5
    I found this and so far it's got me furthur than any other document. I can now see the printer from the network, but when I try to print it throws an unknown error. Also I could not update the mime types file, which could be my issue. The file will not allow it's self to be saved.

    http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/...h_windows.html

Similar Threads

  1. Printers, USB and otherwise.
    By kayl in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 11:21 AM
  2. Knoppix/Linux and printers
    By kayl in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2004, 10:59 PM
  3. Installing printers
    By satyr409 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2003, 09:32 PM
  4. Stop Samba from sharing printers
    By dave52355 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2003, 08:22 PM
  5. To many printers
    By dave52355 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 03:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO) picture

DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)

$100.00



Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3) picture

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)

$149.99



Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$79.99



6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips  picture

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips

$95.00



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C picture

VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C

$140.00



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used picture

Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used

$160.00