Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Konqueror vs Mozilla browser

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    52

    Konqueror vs Mozilla browser

    I like using Konqueror to browse the net, but there is somethings that don't seem right.

    For example:
    I can not use Konqueror to login at www.candlepowerforums.com
    It will not even take me to the login page, it takes me to some other page on there site. I click a link on that page and it's say's can't find login.

    I can login to candlepowerforums using Mozilla, but it seems slow.

    There are a number of other little thing I have run into, but this is the latest one.

    Is there some option I should turn on or what?

    I'm really enjoying running Knoppix from the HD

    Thanks in advance for the help

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Konqueror vs Mozilla browser

    Quote Originally Posted by spydie
    I like using Konqueror to browse the net, but there is somethings that don't seem right.

    For example:
    I can not use Konqueror to login at www.candlepowerforums.com
    It will not even take me to the login page, it takes me to some other page on there site. I click a link on that page and it's say's can't find login.

    I can login to candlepowerforums using Mozilla, but it seems slow.

    There are a number of other little thing I have run into, but this is the latest one.

    Is there some option I should turn on or what?

    I'm really enjoying running Knoppix from the HD

    Thanks in advance for the help
    It wanted to set a cookie on my machine when I tried to login with an non-existant account so you may want to check to see what the settings are for that domain in the cookie management. Try clicking on this link it gives me the login page:

    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubb...ogout.php?Cat=

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    52
    I did not make any changes and it seems to work ok now.
    Thanks,

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Spydie, I also used Konqueror a lot, and found one other issue, at least with my install. Konqueror, when I reply to a post, especially here, refused to include Topic History below where you type your reply. It caused me to not be able to refer back to previous posts, in my own posts.

    I think it was TearingHairOut that pointed me towards Mozilla, and stated that it might be a "bug" within Knoqueror. From that point on, I have always used Mozilla. It has the same look and feel of M$ Internet Explorer, and a lot of controls on cookies, and pop-up stuff. Very Cool

    One minor problem that I did find though. Knoppix tends to like using Konqueror when it is alowed to. Case in point: KMail. When I clicked on a web address supplied in an attachment within KMail, it always fires off a Konqueror window browser with the addy. So, when I get those "Someone has replied to a post you are watching" emails, I always get a Konqueror web window, as well as the Mozilla window I already have open.

    I think each program has its good and bad points, but I like the Mozilla for its stronger controls.

    Cuddles

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    I am able to block ALL popups with Mozilla. This is extremely important to me in a browser. I haven't seen how to do this with Konqueror yet. Therefore I prefer Mozilla.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by turbine
    I am able to block ALL popups with Mozilla. This is extremely important to me in a browser. I haven't seen how to do this with Konqueror yet. Therefore I prefer Mozilla.
    Try this.

    Settings > Configure Konqueror > Java & Java Script > Java Script tab > Java Script Web Popups Policy > Smart

    It should nab most if not all of your popups.

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    52
    When I view this web site and click on the book to view the pages inside I can not see the pages when using konqueror, but it works fine in mozilla.

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...580744-4504863

    Any idea why that is?

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    13

    only Some sites open in both browsers

    Both browsers open some pages e.g. google, t1msn but i can't open mor sites than these i'm using a shared conection to internet in a LAN Shared with wxp can anybody help me? gain works correctly and all the sites responde to the browsers but cant get the pages.

  9. #9
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    52
    I started using Firebird and it's great.
    I don't have any of the problems I had with other browsers.

    When I reply to a post, especially here, it does include Topic History below where you type your reply.

    Check them out,

    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382
    Yeah, Firebird is the best...I use it in Linux and that other OS as well.


    apt-get install mozilla-firebird

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. mozilla, konqueror seg fault
    By cheaperthantuesday in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-12-2005, 09:09 AM
  2. Anyone tried mp3 or other plugin with Mozilla or Konqueror?
    By Robert A. in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 12:56 AM
  3. Linux, Konqueror, and and Mozilla
    By bmike1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 05:09 PM
  4. konqueror and mozilla
    By ivansv in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-03-2003, 11:04 PM
  5. Konqueror file browser configuration...
    By twgray in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-01-2003, 11:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11 picture

NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11

$450.00



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



HP Z840 44 Core Workstation 2x Xeon E5-2699 v4 - No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

HP Z840 44 Core Workstation 2x Xeon E5-2699 v4 - No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$594.97



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$354.48



For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX picture

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX

$149.99



Intel Xeon W-3245 3.2ghz 16-Core CPU OEM - 2019 Mac Pro 7,1 picture

Intel Xeon W-3245 3.2ghz 16-Core CPU OEM - 2019 Mac Pro 7,1

$395.95