-
Konqueror vs Mozilla browser
I like using Konqueror to browse the net, but there is somethings that don't seem right.
For example:
I can not use Konqueror to login at www.candlepowerforums.com
It will not even take me to the login page, it takes me to some other page on there site. I click a link on that page and it's say's can't find login.
I can login to candlepowerforums using Mozilla, but it seems slow.
There are a number of other little thing I have run into, but this is the latest one.
Is there some option I should turn on or what?
I'm really enjoying running Knoppix from the HD

Thanks in advance for the help
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Konqueror vs Mozilla browser

Originally Posted by
spydie
I like using Konqueror to browse the net, but there is somethings that don't seem right.
For example:
I can not use Konqueror to login at
www.candlepowerforums.com
It will not even take me to the login page, it takes me to some other page on there site. I click a link on that page and it's say's can't find login.
I can login to candlepowerforums using Mozilla, but it seems slow.
There are a number of other little thing I have run into, but this is the latest one.
Is there some option I should turn on or what?
I'm really enjoying running Knoppix from the HD
Thanks in advance for the help
It wanted to set a cookie on my machine when I tried to login with an non-existant account so you may want to check to see what the settings are for that domain in the cookie management. Try clicking on this link it gives me the login page:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubb...ogout.php?Cat=
-
I did not make any changes and it seems to work ok now.
Thanks,
-
Senior Member
registered user
Spydie, I also used Konqueror a lot, and found one other issue, at least with my install. Konqueror, when I reply to a post, especially here, refused to include Topic History below where you type your reply. It caused me to not be able to refer back to previous posts, in my own posts.
I think it was TearingHairOut that pointed me towards Mozilla, and stated that it might be a "bug" within Knoqueror. From that point on, I have always used Mozilla. It has the same look and feel of M$ Internet Explorer, and a lot of controls on cookies, and pop-up stuff. Very Cool 
One minor problem that I did find though. Knoppix tends to like using Konqueror when it is alowed to. Case in point: KMail. When I clicked on a web address supplied in an attachment within KMail, it always fires off a Konqueror window browser with the addy. So, when I get those "Someone has replied to a post you are watching" emails, I always get a Konqueror web window, as well as the Mozilla window I already have open.
I think each program has its good and bad points, but I like the Mozilla for its stronger controls.
Cuddles
-
Senior Member
registered user
I am able to block ALL popups with Mozilla. This is extremely important to me in a browser. I haven't seen how to do this with Konqueror yet. Therefore I prefer Mozilla.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
turbine
I am able to block ALL popups with Mozilla. This is extremely important to me in a browser. I haven't seen how to do this with Konqueror yet. Therefore I prefer Mozilla.
Try this.
Settings > Configure Konqueror > Java & Java Script > Java Script tab > Java Script Web Popups Policy > Smart
It should nab most if not all of your popups.
-
When I view this web site and click on the book to view the pages inside I can not see the pages when using konqueror, but it works fine in mozilla.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...580744-4504863
Any idea why that is?
-
Junior Member
registered user
only Some sites open in both browsers
Both browsers open some pages e.g. google, t1msn but i can't open mor sites than these i'm using a shared conection to internet in a LAN Shared with wxp can anybody help me? gain works correctly and all the sites responde to the browsers but cant get the pages.
-
I started using Firebird and it's great.
I don't have any of the problems I had with other browsers.
When I reply to a post, especially here, it does include Topic History below where you type your reply.
Check them out,
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/
-
Yeah, Firebird is the best...I use it in Linux and that other OS as well. 
apt-get install mozilla-firebird
Similar Threads
-
By cheaperthantuesday in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-12-2005, 09:09 AM
-
By Robert A. in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 12:56 AM
-
By bmike1 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 05:09 PM
-
By ivansv in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-03-2003, 11:04 PM
-
By twgray in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-01-2003, 11:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99