-
Xine got better from 3.1 to3.3
Hello. How is everyone?
I have had a debian only home network for some time now with both my home PC's running knoppix 3,1 hd install and my firewall box running a scaled down debian. Now at work I just convinced my boss to let me flush windows and I installed knoppix 3.3. Once the HD install was finished I noticed that the version of Xine that comes with 3.3 is able to handel all the various file formats while the version I run at home struggles with all but the simples avi's. For the rest I use kplayer/mplayer. This in itself is not a big deal but Xine is so much nicer than kplayer and I would love to upgrade the version at home so that it could be as powerfull as the one on knoppix 3.3
Does anyone know how I can upgrade my version on xine on a hd install of knx 3.1 to the one used on 3.3. Keep in mind I already tried the apt-get method and even with the apt-get -t unstable install xine I get the you have the lates version responce.
I thought it might just be the way the .xine config files now weight the codecs, as I installed the w32codec pack on all the machines, but when I copied the /home/user/.xine config files from one machine to another xine remained as bad at handeling media as ever. Any ideas?
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hmm. You might want to go to the Xine site or use google to look for some updated debs. You can also search for them at http://www.apt-get.org
Other than that you can always try compiling it yourself.
Similar Threads
-
By haitower in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-27-2005, 05:39 AM
-
By dantheman10110 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 03:56 AM
-
By Xwrapper3 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 07:03 PM
-
By Pydron in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 11:43 PM
-
By chestnut in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-28-2004, 01:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73