-
How about this... I wrote down my root password when I did the HDD install of Knoppix and when I tried to install winamp for linux alpha 1 it asks for root password and i put it in exactly as i typed it during install and it tells me user auth failed and stops the install.. whassup with that?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
OMFG
How about this... I wrote down my root password when I did the HDD install of Knoppix and when I tried to install winamp for linux alpha 1 it asks for root password and i put it in exactly as i typed it during install and it tells me user auth failed and stops the install.. whassup with that?
Looks like you wrote the password down wrong. Assuming this was a Debian style install then at the lilo screen type in Linux single then when you get to the prompt passwd and change the password and reboot you now will have root access again.
Similar Threads
-
By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 12:16 PM
-
By richb in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 03:27 AM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-26-2004, 07:53 AM
-
By wmcn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 06:54 PM
-
By andyed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-12-2003, 04:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99