Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 1440x900 pixels monitor resolution on laptop

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27

    1440x900 pixels monitor resolution on laptop

    Hi, I have a laptop that has a 17'' widescreen, and in windows I use 1440x900 pixels to get a good view. But 1024x768 in linux is ok but I still its too big. Is there any way to get 1440x900.

    Thank you all very much for your help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: 1440x900 pixels monitor resolution on laptop

    Quote Originally Posted by abouzeis
    Hi, I have a laptop that has a 17'' widescreen, and in windows I use 1440x900 pixels to get a good view. But 1024x768 in linux is ok but I still its too big. Is there any way to get 1440x900.

    Thank you all very much for your help.
    Try using the screen=1440x900 cheat code at the boot: prompt eg. knoppix screen=1440x900 other_cheat_codes .... You may want to try at the prompt the framebuffer also with fb1440x900 other_cheat_codes ....

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27
    tryed that, screen is out of proportion and cant see k menu bar. because it is too far down.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by abouzeis
    tryed that, screen is out of proportion and cant see k menu bar. because it is too far down.
    Have you made sure that you are using the vsync= and hsync= values that are correct for the screen?

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27
    I don't know what the h and v sync values are. How do I find out. Is there a way to find out what they are in windows and apply that in linux. As my screen res. in windows is just perfect, would be nice to have that in knoppix too.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by abouzeis
    I don't know what the h and v sync values are. How do I find out. Is there a way to find out what they are in windows and apply that in linux. As my screen res. in windows is just perfect, would be nice to have that in knoppix too.
    They are usually in the manual that came with the monitor or alternately a quick google search pretty much always turns up a few pages any time I have needed them. I believe if you right click on the desktop in windows you will get a configuration screen for the display settings you may be able to get some useful information there.

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27
    Hi, I couldn't find the h or v sync values

    I know the refresh rate should be 60 hz.

    Does any one know what h and v sync values I should use for my 17'' widescreen monitor. Windows res is 1440x900. which is what I would like in knoppix.

    Thanks in advance, all.

  8. #8

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 01:23 AM
  2. Getting the monitor in the right resolution
    By Jez in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 05:42 PM
  3. cant change resolution on my laptop
    By nuteThug in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 02:11 PM
  4. Problemas al Instalar monitor , Installing Monitor
    By comanam in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM
  5. monitor resolution?
    By new dumbie in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2003, 12:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI) picture

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)

$359.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives

$149.95



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US picture

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US

$106.67



Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset) picture

Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset)

$18.99



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$175.00