Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 1440x900 pixels monitor resolution on laptop

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27

    1440x900 pixels monitor resolution on laptop

    Hi, I have a laptop that has a 17'' widescreen, and in windows I use 1440x900 pixels to get a good view. But 1024x768 in linux is ok but I still its too big. Is there any way to get 1440x900.

    Thank you all very much for your help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: 1440x900 pixels monitor resolution on laptop

    Quote Originally Posted by abouzeis
    Hi, I have a laptop that has a 17'' widescreen, and in windows I use 1440x900 pixels to get a good view. But 1024x768 in linux is ok but I still its too big. Is there any way to get 1440x900.

    Thank you all very much for your help.
    Try using the screen=1440x900 cheat code at the boot: prompt eg. knoppix screen=1440x900 other_cheat_codes .... You may want to try at the prompt the framebuffer also with fb1440x900 other_cheat_codes ....

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27
    tryed that, screen is out of proportion and cant see k menu bar. because it is too far down.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by abouzeis
    tryed that, screen is out of proportion and cant see k menu bar. because it is too far down.
    Have you made sure that you are using the vsync= and hsync= values that are correct for the screen?

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27
    I don't know what the h and v sync values are. How do I find out. Is there a way to find out what they are in windows and apply that in linux. As my screen res. in windows is just perfect, would be nice to have that in knoppix too.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by abouzeis
    I don't know what the h and v sync values are. How do I find out. Is there a way to find out what they are in windows and apply that in linux. As my screen res. in windows is just perfect, would be nice to have that in knoppix too.
    They are usually in the manual that came with the monitor or alternately a quick google search pretty much always turns up a few pages any time I have needed them. I believe if you right click on the desktop in windows you will get a configuration screen for the display settings you may be able to get some useful information there.

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27
    Hi, I couldn't find the h or v sync values

    I know the refresh rate should be 60 hz.

    Does any one know what h and v sync values I should use for my 17'' widescreen monitor. Windows res is 1440x900. which is what I would like in knoppix.

    Thanks in advance, all.

  8. #8

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2004, 01:23 AM
  2. Getting the monitor in the right resolution
    By Jez in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 05:42 PM
  3. cant change resolution on my laptop
    By nuteThug in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 02:11 PM
  4. Problemas al Instalar monitor , Installing Monitor
    By comanam in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM
  5. monitor resolution?
    By new dumbie in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2003, 12:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM picture

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM

$17.99



OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236 picture

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236

$549.99



Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro picture

Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro

$179.99



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$14.24



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718 picture

Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718

$22.00



OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2 picture

OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2

$12.99



Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D picture

Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D

$339.99



Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter picture

Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter

$34.99