-
Senior Member
registered user
knoppix.sh question
Newbie here... I love knoppix but I haven't set configurations using knoppix.sh yet... so I have some questions...
Do I have to use the boot option "knoppix floppyconfig" at the boot prompt, to execute knoppix.sh?
Sometimes my power goes out and knoppix reboots automatically into 1024x768 (while I'm away), and I want it to reboot into 800x600 instead... is that something I can put in knoppix.sh, or is the only way to pass it as a boot argument (screen=800x600)?
How do I copy knoppix.sh to floppy - can I use mcopy? I am unfamiliar with any non-dos oriented disk write commands (other than tar...)
Finally, a non-knoppix.sh question - is there not a graphical FTP client included in knoppix yet like GFTP? I can't find one...
Thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: knoppix.sh question

Originally Posted by
redss
Newbie here... I love knoppix but I haven't set configurations using knoppix.sh yet... so I have some questions...
Do I have to use the boot option "knoppix floppyconfig" at the boot prompt, to execute knoppix.sh?
Sometimes my power goes out and knoppix reboots automatically into 1024x768 (while I'm away), and I want it to reboot into 800x600 instead... is that something I can put in knoppix.sh, or is the only way to pass it as a boot argument (screen=800x600)?
How do I copy knoppix.sh to floppy - can I use mcopy? I am unfamiliar with any non-dos oriented disk write commands (other than tar...)
Finally, a non-knoppix.sh question - is there not a graphical FTP client included in knoppix yet like GFTP? I can't find one...
Thanks!
Use Konqueror for the ftp client just put the the address in the location bar if you want drag'n'drop split the window before you login in and browse you files in the other window. If you want to login with a user name and password then ftp://user_name
[email protected]. I have never used it much but there is an option in the Knoppix menu save configuration to floppy I believe it is called and you use either the floppyconfig, floppyconf, or myconfig=scan not to sure about these they keep changing all the time as the cheat code you may want to do some searching on the site for these.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: knoppix.sh question

Originally Posted by
redss
"Newbie here... I love knoppix but I haven't set configurations using knoppix.sh yet... so I have some questions..."
"Do I have to use the boot option "knoppix floppyconfig" at the boot prompt, to execute knoppix.sh?"
No. If knoppix.sh is in \KNOPPIX then it will be auto executed.
"Sometimes my power goes out and knoppix reboots automatically into 1024x768 (while I'm away), and I want it to reboot into 800x600 instead... is that something I can put in knoppix.sh, or is the only way to pass it as a boot argument (screen=800x600)?"
use knx-customize-image.exe (search in this forum)
to change syslinux.cfg inside boot.img.
for example
......
DEFAULT vmlinuz
APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us xkeyboard=es screen=800x600 apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
TIMEOUT 300
........
-
Senior Member
registered user
Gftp is now available in the Overclockix remaster of Knoppix 3.2, Technomancer edition.
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 04:40 PM
-
By nikodemis in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 08:37 AM
-
By Shopro in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 09:12 PM
-
By boris90210 in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 08:50 AM
-
By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00

Samsung Chromebook 11in Silver Intel Celeron Chrome OS Wi‑Fi Webcam Charger
$50.00

Samsung Odyssey Neo G95NA - OEM Stand - BN96-51632B
$125.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00