Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: knoppix.sh question

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    111

    knoppix.sh question

    Newbie here... I love knoppix but I haven't set configurations using knoppix.sh yet... so I have some questions...

    Do I have to use the boot option "knoppix floppyconfig" at the boot prompt, to execute knoppix.sh?

    Sometimes my power goes out and knoppix reboots automatically into 1024x768 (while I'm away), and I want it to reboot into 800x600 instead... is that something I can put in knoppix.sh, or is the only way to pass it as a boot argument (screen=800x600)?

    How do I copy knoppix.sh to floppy - can I use mcopy? I am unfamiliar with any non-dos oriented disk write commands (other than tar...)

    Finally, a non-knoppix.sh question - is there not a graphical FTP client included in knoppix yet like GFTP? I can't find one...

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: knoppix.sh question

    Quote Originally Posted by redss
    Newbie here... I love knoppix but I haven't set configurations using knoppix.sh yet... so I have some questions...

    Do I have to use the boot option "knoppix floppyconfig" at the boot prompt, to execute knoppix.sh?

    Sometimes my power goes out and knoppix reboots automatically into 1024x768 (while I'm away), and I want it to reboot into 800x600 instead... is that something I can put in knoppix.sh, or is the only way to pass it as a boot argument (screen=800x600)?

    How do I copy knoppix.sh to floppy - can I use mcopy? I am unfamiliar with any non-dos oriented disk write commands (other than tar...)

    Finally, a non-knoppix.sh question - is there not a graphical FTP client included in knoppix yet like GFTP? I can't find one...

    Thanks!
    Use Konqueror for the ftp client just put the the address in the location bar if you want drag'n'drop split the window before you login in and browse you files in the other window. If you want to login with a user name and password then ftp://user_name[email protected]. I have never used it much but there is an option in the Knoppix menu save configuration to floppy I believe it is called and you use either the floppyconfig, floppyconf, or myconfig=scan not to sure about these they keep changing all the time as the cheat code you may want to do some searching on the site for these.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    202

    Re: knoppix.sh question

    Quote Originally Posted by redss
    "Newbie here... I love knoppix but I haven't set configurations using knoppix.sh yet... so I have some questions..."

    "Do I have to use the boot option "knoppix floppyconfig" at the boot prompt, to execute knoppix.sh?"

    No. If knoppix.sh is in \KNOPPIX then it will be auto executed.


    "Sometimes my power goes out and knoppix reboots automatically into 1024x768 (while I'm away), and I want it to reboot into 800x600 instead... is that something I can put in knoppix.sh, or is the only way to pass it as a boot argument (screen=800x600)?"

    use knx-customize-image.exe (search in this forum)
    to change syslinux.cfg inside boot.img.

    for example
    ......
    DEFAULT vmlinuz
    APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us xkeyboard=es screen=800x600 apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=791 initrd=miniroot.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
    TIMEOUT 300
    ........




  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Gftp is now available in the Overclockix remaster of Knoppix 3.2, Technomancer edition.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 04:40 PM
  2. Knoppix-STD Question
    By nikodemis in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 08:37 AM
  3. Question about using knoppix
    By Shopro in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 09:12 PM
  4. a knoppix cd-rw question....plz help.
    By boris90210 in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2004, 08:50 AM
  5. Grub settings, quick question... really my last question :p
    By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth picture

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth

$39.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Lot of 10 Grandstream GS-GXP2170 12 Lines 5-way Voice  4.3

Lot of 10 Grandstream GS-GXP2170 12 Lines 5-way Voice 4.3" LCD VoIP Phone

$339.99



UBIQUITI UVP-TOUCH VoIP Desktop Touchscreen Smart Phone picture

UBIQUITI UVP-TOUCH VoIP Desktop Touchscreen Smart Phone

$55.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Cisco CP-7841-K9  4-Line Gigabit VoIP IP Phone PoE Office Desk 3.5

Cisco CP-7841-K9 4-Line Gigabit VoIP IP Phone PoE Office Desk 3.5" Display NEW

$89.99



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99



Cisco CP68513PCCK9 Multiplatform IP Phone picture

Cisco CP68513PCCK9 Multiplatform IP Phone

$39.00