-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: worry NOT

Originally Posted by
Stephen
Thanks. Having the right URL seems to help 
Strangely, the other did do a good DNS lookup, just never got an answer from it's server, so I didn't guess the URL was wrong (maybe it's also valid, but it's not answering)

Originally Posted by
Stephen
AFAIK you run a client on your machine that goes out and updates the dyndns.org record with your new It when it changes.
Yea, I get that you run a client. My question is that, when I'm behind a NAT router I'll be on a box who's IP address never changes. It's the IP address of my router that changes, and I'm wondering how the client knows when that happens (since there seems to be no common way to talk to the many different routers out there to determine it). The only way I could come up with that the clients might work is to send frequent update packets to the server and let the server decide if the IP address that are coming from has changed or not, but there certainly could be some other way this happens and I would like to know if I'm overlooking something.
Similar Threads
-
By francy222 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 06:27 PM
-
By sn0wflake in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-19-2004, 03:26 PM
-
By tommyf in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 10:23 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 05:15 AM
-
By carmine65 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-07-2003, 01:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99