-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: worry NOT

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman

Originally Posted by
gowator
I use dynamicdns.org
I have no complaints (and its FREE) but equally friends use no-ip.com and have no complaints....
.....
Your router might actually have a dnyamicdns setup service, my dead Belkin did!!!
If not you just need to download a client,
Im using ddnsclient (linked from the dynamicdns.org pages)
however it was just the foirst one I tried!!!
It works .... what else can I say!!!
Since you already use one of these servces I'm hoping you can give me a little information on them. I'm not using a Belkin router (mine is crap and is gathering dust), my SMC router sems to only support the paid tzo.com service. My question is, if I use a client behind a NAT router, how does it know when the IP address changes (the IP address of the box it is on will still be a static 192.168.x.x address) so that it knows to update the server (I'm assuming it doesn't have to determine what the new IP address is, since that will end up being in the snt packet after it passes through the NAT router.). Or does it just simply send a packet every x minutes, and let the server decide if the IP address has changed? I would download and try to learn this from the dynamicdns.org site, but I haven't been able to get a response from it all day (do you know of any problems with it?).
http://www.dyndns.org/ I believe is the site you are looking for and AFAIK you run a client on your machine that goes out and updates the dyndns.org record with your new IP when it changes.
Similar Threads
-
By francy222 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 06:27 PM
-
By sn0wflake in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-19-2004, 03:26 PM
-
By tommyf in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 10:23 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 05:15 AM
-
By carmine65 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-07-2003, 01:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$280.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00