Well after playing around with trying to get pacman to work and see others were having problems also I decided maybe it's not something I'm doing wrong after all.
So I went searching for a differant game to download.
That's not a easy thing to do for a Linux newbie.
With M$ I would find most of my downloads at download.com
Some of the games I would fine said I had to have other items installed to run the game. I did not know what a lot of these other items were so I kept looking until I found a game that looked preaty simple and did not list any other items I would need for it to run.
Here is the link. They even listed it for debian.
http://freshmeat.net/projects/fbg/?b...1&topic_id=268
So I click away until I find the file I think I need.
It ask me what to open it with and I pick Kpackage.
It gets downloaded into Kpackage and I click install.
Looks like it installs ok.
I make a note of the file name (fbg) because I don't really know were it put it when I installed it.
I open the Shell. Type "man fbg" and it brings up the manual for fbg
Next I type fbg and guess what?
The game come up and worked!![]()
![]()
I have done much reading today about Kpackage, install, etc...
It feels good to get something so simple to work![]()


Reply With Quote










